Re: [exim] Exim dropping NDR - Non Delivery Receipts

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ian Eiloart
To: Phil (Medway Hosting), Exim Users List
題目: Re: [exim] Exim dropping NDR - Non Delivery Receipts

--On 30 October 2007 18:27:09 +0000 "Phil (Medway Hosting)"
<phil@???> wrote:

> [...]

Phil, it isn't clear what you want to achive. Partly because of a possible
typo in your original message. I think you were asking about two of three
possible aims. Please make clear which of these you are asking about:

1) Not accepting NDRs addressed to your site.

2) Not generating NDRs, even after you've accepted email that you can't
deliver.

3) Not generating NDRs, by virtue of only accepting deliverable email.

Renaud pointed you to advice that you should not do (1). If you want to do
this, you should do it post-data to avoid breaking other people's sender
verification callouts. If you break them, you won't be able to deliver mail
to their sites. You should also try to distinguish between genuine NDRs and
spam blowback. For example, you could try using special return-paths, in
the same vein as Sender Rewriting Scheme - BUT be aware that this will
break auto-replies (like vacation messages) which use From and Reply-To
headers.

I suggested that you should focus on (3). You can do this by making sure
that you do you spam and virus scanning at SMTP time (in ACLs), before
accepting mail for delivery. Also, at RCPT time, check with call forwards
that you will be able to deliver the email.

> Unfortunately I am still learning Exim specifically, and if I tried to
> help with config, it would be the blind leading the blind !!
>
> All the best
>
> Phil

> Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
> www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965
>
> Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
> www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex
x3148