Re: [exim] How best to blackhole e-mails

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: paul.mcilfatrick
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] How best to blackhole e-mails
>> At present our Exim config does a lot of checking (btw this local mail
>> server is behind our company firewall and we are unable to use verify =
>> sender and verify = sender/callout as they are blocked)

> You should be able to do verify=sender, since that's only using DNS.

Probably, but I was asked to switch it off by our company network people because of the traffic it generated.

> What are you running on the edge server? You should be doing your spam and
> virus filtering there, in Exim ACLs if you can.

Don't know as I have absolutely no control over them - they are black boxes to us. I think it safe to say that they are not running Exim.

BTW it was one of the people who manages these edge servers that suggested we drop our local domain and create a new one so that their edge servers could be then be set up to block the old domain.

Paul McIlfatrick