Re: [exim] Email alias with plus addressing

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Terry Calie
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Email alias with plus addressing

>> -Rich
> I do have access to the Exim configuration file, but fear that
> WHM/cPanel updates will override any changes I make to routers and
> transports. How can I tell if filters are enabled on my server? When I
> email to the address, I see this come through the exim_mainlog:
>
> 2007-10-24 11:06:27 H=(fk-out-0910.google.com) [209.85.128.184]
> F=<me@???> rejected RCPT <reply.1234@???>: No Such User Here
>
> Ryan

To test how things are working, you can use the following command from
command line prompt:
exim -bhc 5.44.25.22

For each prompt in turn, enter the following smtp commands:
helo
mail from: me@???
rcpt to: reply.1234.mydomain.com

You'll get a long output of everything that happened. It's kind of tough
to read if you don't know what you are looking at, but scanning throught
you can see things like "routed by virtul_user_router", which tells you
which router acted on the email.

Also, cpanel has an advanced editor for you to modify the exim
configuration file so that the changes will last through updates. Look
for "exim configuration" in your left hand navigation. After clicking
on it, look for advanced editor.