Re: [exim] immediate delivery

Author: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: Lance Vavricka
CC: exim-users, nigel
Subject: Re: [exim] immediate delivery
Hello,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 01:21:07PM -0500, Lance Vavricka wrote:
> Is there a way to get messages delivered immediately from a specific email
> address, we send out over 400 messages once in a while to our customers for
> maintenance updates but we get messages such as the one below, and messages
> stay in queue until the next run. We'd like to have it deliver immediately
> for support and billing @ourdomain.com or possibly for a specific esmpta
> login.
>
> 2007-10-24 13:16:47 1Ikkmc-00005J-Gu no immediate delivery: more than 20
> messages received in one connection

If you want an immediate delivery you could increase your
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection value or disable the limit by setting
it to 0. For further details see:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch14.html#id2636833

BTW: Nigel, could you please fix the documentation on the web site and
especially in the current spec.txt: the option name in the list of
chapter 14.23 is written as 'smtp_accept_queue_per_ connection' making
it hard to find the detailed description if you're searching for the
exact string. The same has happened to
'extract_addresses_remove_ arguments' and to
'smtp_accept_max_per_ connection'.

Thanks, Matthias.

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33