著者: Dave Pooser
To: Exim Users List
題目: Re: [exim] require verify = sender
> If the sending server is "misbehaving" - why would you want to accept
> messages from an invalid sender ? It's up to THEM to send from a valid
> address - not up to you to accept from anything.

That depends to a large degree on your environment. At $DAYJOB I have to
bend over backwards to accommodate misconfigured servers all the time-- when
our customers are trying to email us half-million-dollar RFPs we want to
receive them even if their server is blacklisted, uses a malformed HELO, and
times out after a 5-second connection delay. Making sure that postmaster and
a few other role addresses accept almost anything forces me to delete a lot
of spam from my inbox, but that also makes sure that our customers can
always get email through to us.
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com