[exim] require verify = sender

Author: Jason Keltz
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] require verify = sender
Hi.

I'm just wondering -- why does the line:

require verify = sender

.. exist in the default acl_smtp_rcpt

Should this condition not exist in acl_smtp_mail??

(ie. before you check the recipients, you check the sender???)

I'm trying to build a few accept/deny conditions in the acl_smtp_mail
ACL ... once exim gets past there, and I accept the sender, but the
default "require verify = sender" in smtp_rcpt would deny the message...
everything seems to work if I remove "require verify = sender" from
acl_smtp_rcpt, but I'm hesitant to remove it because it's not clear to
me why it's there, and not in acl_smtp_mail in the first place?

Thanks for any help..

Jason.