Re: [exim] Some relay hosts

Author: Dave Evans
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Some relay hosts
On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 12:59:05PM +0200, Alvaro Marin wrote:
> I've some exim servers and I want to use 3 relay hosts to send all email
> through them.
> I know that I've to use "interface" option in remote_smtp, but can I set in
> this directive a hostname that resolves to those 3 IP? Will exim do a round
> robin connection for them?

"interface" specifies which of /your/ IP addresses to use when making outgoing
SMTP connections. It's only of any use to you if you have multiple IPs, and
it matters which one exim uses:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch30.html#id2692960

Actually, what you want is a "manualroute" router, and you probably want to
use the "route_data" option:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch20.html#SECID121

--
Dave Evans