[exim] verify sender as valid user or user in whitelist not …

Author: Jason Keltz
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] verify sender as valid user or user in whitelist not working
Hi.

I'm having a problem that I have been trying to figure out for a few
hours...

I want to enforce that unauthenticated senders can only send from valid
users. This part, I believe, I have correct:

   deny   message = From email address must be valid
   ! authenticated = *
   ! verify        = sender

... but then I want to add that authenticated users can send from valid
users, OR from users that appear in a whitelist... I know the syntax
for the whitelist:

senders = lsearch;/path/to/whitelist

What I cannot seem to figure out is how to combine these two rules for
authenticated senders. If I do something like:

   deny   message = From email address must be valid
   authenticated = *
   ! verify        = sender
   ! senders = lsearch;/path/to/whitelist

... this doesn't work because I'm never going to have a user that is
both a valid user AND a user in the whitelist. I think that I need a
combination of accept, and endpass, but I can't seem to figure out what
it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason .