Re: [exim] Using "or" in ACL condition statement

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using "or" in ACL condition statement
Keith Edmunds wrote:
> I want to write an ACL condition that will accept mail if one of three
> conditions is true. I can create the actual conditions, but I'm having
> problems with the syntax of the "or" operator. To test this, I have an ACL
> as follows:
>
> accept  domains       = +relay_to_domains
>         endpass
>         message       = Unknown user
>         condition     = or{{0}{1}}

> That gives an error: invalid "condition" value "or{{0}{1}}"
>
> So I tried replacing the condition with "${if eq {or{{0}{1}}}{1}}", which
> gives: invalid "condition" value "}{1}}"
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction here, please?

The right direction is towards chapter 11:
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch11.html

eq and or are both expansion conditions. Expansion conditions are only
valid as the argument to $if, or the argument to one of the combining
expansion conditions (and and or). So in the first line, the bug is that
you cannot use a bare "or", it must be within an $if. In the second
line, the bug is that or is not a valid argument to eq.

Try ${if or{{0}{1}}}.

- Marc