Re: [exim] configuration problems

Author: Oliver von Bueren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] configuration problems
Lance Vavricka wrote:
> I have these 2 in my ACL which I just added sender_retain to the hosts,
> should it be added for authenticated as well? Just putting it in hosts
> seems to have cleared up the problem I was explaining.
>
>   accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
>           control       = submission/sender_retain

>   accept  authenticated = *
>           control       = submission

Hi Lance

I don't know what's in your relay_from_hosts, but if you only do it that
way, a MUA not sending from that addresses will go through the second
accept and therefore not have the sender_retain set.
Try testing it from somewhere other that the relay_from_hosts addresses
and see what happens. I guess that you need it on the second one as well.

Oliver