Re: [exim] SmartHost with Exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Burnham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim-Users ML
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] SmartHost with Exim

> I need to configure Exim to use an InternetProvider as SmartHost.
> I think, I have just to create a new manualroute for all
> non-local domain and
> give the IP/Name of the provider.
> But how can I specify a UserName/Password for this Provider?

Have a look at chapter 33 of the exim docs

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch33.html

especially

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch33.html#SECID170

Basically, you can set hosts_require_auth or hosts_try_auth on the smtp transport. Exim
then uses any client details defined within the authenticator.

Eg: (from the docs)

cram:
driver = cram_md5
public_name = CRAM-MD5
server_secret = ${if eq{$auth1}{ph10}{secret1}fail}
client_name = ph10
client_secret = secret2

is a cram md5 authenticator that, as a client, will send a username of ph10 and a password
of secret2 to the remote host (the server secret is for when Exim is a server accepting
authentication for other clients).

And you'd have a

hosts_require_auth = your.isps.server.address

line added to the smtp transport used by your manualroute router.

Does this give you enough information to give it a try ?
John