Re: [exim] retry times

Author: Sergei Gerasenko
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] retry times
Keith,

Thanks for the reply. What I would like to know first of all is the
reason for the descrepancy between the output of "exim -bp" and the
retry hint database. "exim -bp" gives, say 58 hours for a message while
the hint database shows completely different times for the same message.

Because of that, a lot of those messages that have been on the
queue for more than 2 hours are still tried every 15 minutes. I
would like the geometric progression to kick in after 2 hours as the
default rule indicates.

Also does anybody know how to make exim stop trying to deliver a bounce
message? I would like one attempt made and if unsuccessful, the message
should be just discarded.

Thanks.

Sergei