[exim] hostlist, net-lsearch and negative items

Author: Wolfgang Hennerbichler
To: Exim-Users ML
Subject: [exim] hostlist, net-lsearch and negative items
Hi list,

I'm encountering a problem where I currently don't find a solution for.
I've used a host-list-file in an ACL that worked perfectly for me.
Now I want to integrate that host-list-file in a 'hostlist', because
I want to re-use it in a router.

The file looks like this (example IP's):

cat /etc/exim4/relay_access
!10.0.0.1
10.0.0.0/8

basically I want to prevent 10.0.0.1 from relaying. So I have this ACL:
   accept  hosts         =  /etc/exim4/relay_access
which works. As I want to re-use that list in a router, I'd like to
put it in a host-list. So I have thought of something like this:

hostlist relay_from_hosts = net-lsearch;/etc/exim4/relay_access
or
hostlist relay_from_hosts = net-iplsearch;/etc/exim4/relay_access

this works too, except for the negative item. The 10.0.0.1 IP address
would be allowed relay access, if I used the hostlist
relay_from_hosts in my ACL. It seems as if the "!" is simply no
longer a negation but a string in this case.

I expected the solution to be easy, but right now I'm stuck. Am I
missing something? Is there a way to re-use the information in that
file in a router?

Thanks for any replies.

wogri

--