Re: [exim] Throttling outbound exim4 connections

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: Paul Orrock
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Throttling outbound exim4 connections
Hello,

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 01:27:10PM +0100, Paul Orrock wrote:
> Our mailserver occasionally has to send large batches of emails to
> specific hosts. Rightly from an anti spam point of view these hosts are
> set up to delay connections that try and send more than ten emails in
> one connection.
>
> Is is possible to only send 10 emails per connection either as a global
> or host specific setting ? My google foo and doc foo have let me down
> and I can only find inbound throttling.

Check the connection_max_messages option of the smtp transport:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch30.html#id2689856

As it is not expanded, you can only use one different value for each
transport.

If you only want to decrease the maximum number of separate message
deliveries for some domains, you can split the corresponding router
and use 2 different transports that only differ in the setting of
connection_max_messages.

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33