Re: [exim] is there a way to prevent host based defer...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: Jeff Boehlke, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] is there a way to prevent host based defer...

--On 4 October 2007 08:48:05 -0400 Jeff Boehlke <Jeff.Boehlke@???>
wrote:

> Since then, I have changed again and gone with the method listed below.
> Now my queue lengths are usually under 200 messages which is much better.
> Perhaps this is the best I can do, I suppose I should let it run for
> awhile without intervening and see how it goes.

I'm not sure that I've understood this exactly, but if it's true that
you're no longer using queue only mode, and your queues are less than 200
messages, I'd suggest that you don't need split_spool_directory for
performance reasons.

split_spool_directory could be screwing you up, so try switching it off.
You may wish to look at the code first, and see whether my theory is
plausible. If it is, then the code needs fixing to randomise the directory
order.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex