Re: [exim] Clamav disabling and problems

Author: James Nunnerley
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Clamav disabling and problems
Hi Folks,

Right, I finally worked out how to disable clamav, on exim.

For those who need to know, because I couldn't work out how...

In the exim.conf file, where your acl rules are; you will need to comment
out the following lines (at least from my .conf file....

    #av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamd.exim/clamd.sock

    #       deny message = This message contains a virus or other
harmful content ($malware_name)
    #               malware = *

I guess the malware bit looks for a malware line in the email headers? And
disabling the av_scanner definitely does it!

Many thanks
James