Re: [exim] Helo Rules Help

Author: Wil
To: Andrew - Supernews, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Helo Rules Help
> Putting logic into individual ACLs to distinguish between port 25 and
> port 587 is unwise because (a) it seriously over-complicates them and
> (b) the logic required for port 25 and port 587 has almost nothing in
> common. (If your ACL logic looks similar for port 25 and port 587 then
> you are almost certainly doing something wrong, such as accepting
> inbound mail on 587 without authentication.)

587 is definately authenticated. Everything is pretty common for both ports
though. I guess applying acl_smtp_mail and acl_smtp_rcpt to only 25 could
also reduce system resources too huh? Might have to give that a whirl and
check out performance.

> Instead do this or something like it:
>
> IS_SMTP_PORT = ={$interface_port}{25}
>
> acl_smtp_connect = ${if IS_SMTP_PORT {check_connect}{accept}}
> acl_smtp_helo = ${if IS_SMTP_PORT {check_helo}{accept}}
> acl_smtp_mail = ${if IS_SMTP_PORT {check_mail}{accept}}
> acl_smtp_rcpt = ${if IS_SMTP_PORT {check_recipient}{check_submission}}
> acl_smtp_mime = check_mime_part
> acl_smtp_data = check_message

Hmmmmm that certainly looks like a good fix. Is the define there after the
constant IS_SMTP_PORT = = ( supposed to have the two equals? Looks like a
typo so I thought I would ask.

Wil