Re: [exim] Forced delaying/freezing of mail?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: W B Hacker
To: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] Forced delaying/freezing of mail?
Marc Silver wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a business requirement to delay all mail on a particular server
> until after business hours. We currently have Postfix doing this for
> us, but we're moving everything to Exim and I was wondering if there is
> a way to do this? ie, allow mail to flow into my system all day, but
> only release it at a particular time every day (and have it stop 8 hours
> later).
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Marc

Easy enough to do IF you have the same need for ALL mail traversing the MTA.

BFBI method needs two /exim/configure files

Chron jobs:

1) Start exim without a queue runner or one with a very long period, specifying
a configure file that says 'queue_only'. Also check other time-sensitive
rules. Run that until day's end.

2) Down Exim at the end of the workday.

3) Restart it with 'normal' queue runners in the commnd tail, plus a configure
file that does NOT specify queue_only. Run that until daybreak.

4) Repeat 1

More clever coding and you may be able to utilize TOD and MACROS to make it Time
of Day sensitive and change behaviour internally on the fly.

But, AFAIK, if you trip a queue runner *at all* it will try to deliver whatever
it can find, and you'll get phone calls. I'd take the BFBI route.

HTH,

Bill