Re: [exim] :fail: in a manualroute router?

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] :fail: in a manualroute router?
On söndagen den 30 september 2007, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Dave Lugo <dlugo@???> wrote:
> > I'm converting a sendmail install to exim.
> >
> > Mailertable on sendmail has numerous entries such as this:
> >
> > yhoo.com        error:5.7.1:550 Check address - maybe yahoo.com

> > I'd like to duplicate that in an exim router - but it seems that
> >
> > :fail: doesn't work in a manualroute router stanza.
>
> [...]
>
> Manualroute is exim3 iirc, the exim4 name is redirect. Both do support
> failing, if allow_fail is set.

Both exist in Exim 4 and are not the same thing. :fail: is specific to the
redirect router, so to translate the above sendmail config, a separate router
is needed, such as:

bad_domains:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
data = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/bad_domains}}

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)