Re: [exim] Callout verification for forwarding addresses?

Autor: elvis_the_king
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Callout verification for forwarding addresses?

> Well, I took the OP's question as another way to ask "how can avoid
> generating and handling bounce messages for my forwarders". Maybe I
> am still misreading the question.
>
> I guess my point is, most people who have problems with bounce
> messages don't split their regular delivery queues from their bounce
> delivery queues and end up with clogged systems.

Once bitten twice shy - I've been blacklisted in the past because of backscatter, so it was more the point of having to create the NDR at all and not just having it on my queue.

When having to forward mail, the problem is whether the forwarding address is still valid and the next MX accepts the mail. If it does not -- especially if they have different anti-spam policies -- I am at risk of creating a bounce and sending it to the (probably forged) envelope sender of the original mail.

Just as I don't accept mail at the SMTP level for addresses that don't exist, I was hoping that I could do something to also not accept mail I cannot hand on.

Matthias
Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate