Re: [exim] Callout verification for forwarding addresses?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Callout verification for forwarding addresses?
On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 09:57:32PM +0200, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> On 29 Sep 2007, at 16:26, Dean Brooks wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 02:07:11PM +0200, elvis_the_king@??? wrote:
> >
> >> [...]
> >> A simple recipient callout does not suffice if the address we
> >> forward to is valid but the server rejects the mail based on content.
> >>
> >> Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)
> >
> > Hmm, well, my opinion is that callouts should only be made to other
> > mail systems that you or your company owns. If you will be doing
> > callouts to other mail servers, you should limit it only to systems
> > that you have a prior agreement with and that have added you to their
> > whitelists.
>
> if you read the OP question with attention you will notice that he
> wasn't really asking about callouts... Or better, first he asked
> about callouts but then he noticed that he would like to test if the
> whole e-mail will be accepted before giving the response to DATA.

Well, I took the OP's question as another way to ask "how can avoid
generating and handling bounce messages for my forwarders". Maybe I
am still misreading the question.

I guess my point is, most people who have problems with bounce
messages don't split their regular delivery queues from their bounce
delivery queues and end up with clogged systems.

A lot of people attempt to use callouts to avoid the problem, which
is why I brought it up, because it's usually the wrong way to solve
this problem unless the callout is to a locally administered set of
systems.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???