Re: [exim] Callout verification for forwarding addresses?

Góra strony
Autor: elvis_the_king
Dla: Exim Mailing List
Temat: Re: [exim] Callout verification for forwarding addresses?
> The
> only problem is that his whole thinking is incorrect, as there is no
> way to give a response specific to one recipient at that stage.

This is was I was afraid of and it's plausible, especially you can only give a single response for the DATA even if you forward to a lot of recipients. But somehow I was hoping that there's a good approach.

> One solution would be to simply not bouncing on failed forwarding. I
> think setting errors_to in the forwarding router to point to the
> local email administrator will do that.

Been there done that. But it's hard if you're the postmaster and responsible for a lot of virtual domains and can't get your customers to do that job. (Often they don't even have someone with sufficient background knowledge.)

Especially, the postmaster will get all the bounces which means that he will be responsible for screening them all to inform legitimate original senders if the message did not get through (for example forwarding to some external account with a full mailbox).

Kind regards
Matthias
Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate