Re: [exim] RBL DNS timeout delays

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Wakko Warner
Para: Karl Schmidt
CC: exim-users, Charles Steinkuehler
Asunto: Re: [exim] RBL DNS timeout delays
Karl Schmidt wrote:
> I removed a dead RBL from our system. Now I am getting a lot more spam.
> I think the spam bots give up if they don't get a fast response - is there a better way to
> put a delay back in the system? Or is this just a coincidence and there is a jump in spam
> traffic today?

I've noticed on my server that some delay stops tons of attempts I've had at
sending mail to non-existant users (without beeing logged in the rejection
log which is why I did this).

You could place a 5-10 second delay on connect, a 5-10 second delay on
EHLO/HELO (be sure that the combined isn't over 15 seconds), put a 30-60
second delay on MAIL if the sender is not <> (this is where the spambots
I've noticed drop the connection). If you want, you can also put another
30-60 second delay on the FIRST RCPT command if the sender is not <> (but
not the rest) and 30-60 second delay at DATA time.

The reason for the lower delay at connect and HELO time is so that callouts
will work to you. Exim's default timeout is 30 seconds.

Got Gas???