[exim] 503 error Using Greylisting

Author: James Isolder
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] 503 error Using Greylisting
I have recently added greylisting to my exim installation and now some of the mail servers that are connecting are giving me the following error.

<<< 451 greylisted - try again later <user@???>... Deferred:
451 greylisted - try again later <<< 503 valid RCPT command must precede
DATA <<< 451 greylisted - try again later <user@???>...
Deferred: 451 greylisted - try again later <<< 503 Valid RCPT command
must precede DATA Status: 4.3.0 Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 451 greylisted -
try again later.

The email is then deferred and eventually bounced. Is there a easy way to avoid this problem while still greylisting.