Re: [exim] HELO/EHLO reject rates

Author: ROGERS Richard
To: Exim Users
CC: Marcin Krol, Ted Cooper, Darton Williams
Subject: Re: [exim] HELO/EHLO reject rates
Ted Cooper wrote:
> Darton Williams wrote:
>> It would probably be best to do this directly in SA by increasing the
>> score for the NO_RDNS rule in your local.cf, e.g.:
>>
>> score NO_RDNS 5.0
>>
>> The default is 0.5.
>
> Isn't it RDNS_NONE? default of 0.1 in SA 3.2.3
>
> And yep, way OT for this list :)

Yes, my SpamAssassin 3.2 has RDNS_NONE, default 0.1 as you dscribe.
Looking for it I also found RDNS_DYNAMIC, which I think I may increase
from its current default score of 0.1 as well (may need monitoring
though).

If you want something internal to Exim (getting almost back on track!)
you could do something like this (or the bits you need):

# Check to see if the sending host has a rDNS PTR - never mind whether
# it matches the forward lookup - and log/add header/set flag if not.
warn condition    = ${lookup
dnsdb{ptr=$sender_host_address}{false}{true}}
     message      = X-staffs-no-rdns: true
     log_message  = There is no reverse DNS on $sender_host_address
     set ACL_NO_REVERSE_DNS = triggered

(where ACL_NO_REVERSE_DNS is a macro for one of the acl_m* variables)

Regards

Richard

--
Richard Rogers
IT Development and Innovation Manager

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.