Re: [exim] Using exim4 as a SMTP client to connect to my ISP…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: mynewsletters, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Using exim4 as a SMTP client to connect to my ISP's SMTP for PHP mail

--On 24 September 2007 23:26:20 +0800 Vincent
<mynewsletters@???> wrote:

> Thanks everyone! I guess there was a delay with my SMTP server just now.
> It works now.
>
> My last question is..
>
> Do I need to install sendmail to have exim4 work with PHP?

No. It's a bad idea to use PHP's "mail" functions, for several reasons.

Instead, use phpmailer <http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/>, which has much
more flexibility - it uses SMTP instead of using the mail server binaries.
Most importantly, you can properly set the SMTP return-path for the email,
which ensures that bounces don't go to your webmaster, but to the
application owner.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex