Re: [exim] Using exim4 as a SMTP client to connect to my ISP…

Author: Renaud Allard
To: mynewsletters
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using exim4 as a SMTP client to connect to my ISP's SMTP for PHP mail

Vincent wrote:
> whatever.com is not the real domain I was trying to connect to as it was
> just a general name I used in my query. The real domain I was trying to
> connect to works 100% in my email program for pop/smtp email stuff.

What I pointed is that you should not obfuscate your posts as it removes
many clues on how to help you. Maybe you don't find some details
important, however as you didn't find out how to solve your problem,
maybe the problem lies in what you think is not important.

Also Debian and Ubuntu packages of exim diverge quite a bit from stock
exim, and there are some dedicated places to ask for help for them. And
as Marc pointed out, you will maybe find some info on Debian lists for
your Ubuntu problems, but the real good place to ask is on Ubuntu's exim
pages.