Re: [exim] Make permanent error temporary?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marc Haber
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Make permanent error temporary?
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:14:34 +0200, Renaud Allard <renaud@???>
wrote:
>Please excuse me, but I am very accustomed to the fact I am often asked "please
>find a cheap and fast trick to make this thing work while people are looking at
>the issue". So I find it, put it in place and guess what? People never get the
>issue fixed because it now just works and they have no reason to find a clean fix.
>If it is your client that has a proxy, you should maybe suggest them to put a
>server with exim in place of their proxy software while the fix is being made.

Making permanent errors temporary will deprive users from timely error
messages. They're bound to notice. Additionally, broken things are not
always easy to fix, especially when it comes around to faulty
"security" equipment.

Greetings
Marc