Re: [pcre-dev] One more RC

Autor: Sheri
A: pcre-dev
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] One more RC
Sheri wrote:
> I think there may be a problem with the Visual Studio compiled dlls vs
> locales. Also with currently included wintestinput/output files. Will
> check that further later today.
>
> Regards,
> Sheri

There's nothing wrong with wintestinput or output having french tests
and results. The pcretests all pass using shared pcre and pcreposix
libraries produced in each of the environments, including the ones
compiled in Visual Studio.

But our application's tests for changing locale to french fail when
using the shared libraries produced in Visual Studio. Those same tests
pass when using the libraries built in Msys (doesn't matter if libtool
or Cmake was used). I think it has something to do with the character
set. In Visual Studio I see character set settings (choices are
Multibyte, Unicode and Not Set). It was preset for Multibyte. I tried
changing it to Not Set, but there was no change in result.

All our other tests work the same with each version of the libraries.

Regards,
Sheri