[exim] Similar functionality to round robin spamd: with malw…

Author: Richard Salts
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Similar functionality to round robin spamd: with malware ACL
Obviously the av_scanner macro is expanded every time the malware ACL is
called so I was thinking maybe something like ${if eq {1} {${eval:
${tod_epoch}%2}} {clamd:192.168.2.100 1234} {clamd:192.168.2.101 1234}} as
the value for av_scanner. With spamd if there is a problem with the spamd
exim is communicating with then it will try the next host. This isn't going
to happen with the expansion of av_scanner. I would assume from the
documentation that if there was a problem then the malware ACL would defer.
How could you structure your ACLs so that the defer did not cause the whole
message to defer and then go on to try the other server?

Would I be able to set a variable in a warn statement that ran malware and
then base another ACL on the value of that variable?

Maybe a accept !malware=* endpass malware=* although the av_scanner would need
to be changed to remember which servers had been tried.