Re: [pcre-dev] Msys output from Make Install (following conf…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Craig Silverstein
To: silvermoonwoman
CC: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] Msys output from Make Install (following configure /make)
} This output suggests something is wrong with the shared
} libraries. There is also a missing file for pcrecpp (see the end).

The same error is given for pcreposix. It's definitely an artifact of
the build system, but I don't really understand it. libtool is black
art, and I don't know what it has to do to work on msys. But

} gcc -O3 -s -o .libs/pcretest.exe pcretest.o ./.libs/libpcreposix.dll.a

.dll.a?? That's an awfully suspicious looking file extension.

However, it seems to work for the build -- Sheri, you don't say, but
do 'make' and 'make check' complete without error? Then it's only the
installing that's the problem.

I found the following comment on the web. I don't know if it still
applies or not. You might want to try it and see if it works.

---
https://lintouch.org/repos/lintouch/msys-mingw/packaging/trunk/mingw/mingw-setup.txt

The libtool shipped with the packages above is unable create DLLs on
Windows. The reason for that is the file magic utility is missing
(which libtool heavily depends on).

The real solution to this problem would be to install the file magic.
However, I could not find a port of the file magic for MinGW (beware
the one from the GnuWIN32 project does not work as expected) and I did
not have time to port the utility from sources.

So, I have to patch the autofiles a bit:

1. in ``/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4``, find the definition of
``AC_DEPLIBS_CHECK_METHOD`` and assign::

     lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all

in the mingw* section.

2. in ``/usr/share/libtool/ltmain.sh``, replace all occurences of
``allow_undefined=yes`` with ``allow_undefined=no`` to resolve all
external dependencies when building on Windows.
---

It seems likely this is an issue for you as well, since some of the
comments in the 'make install' output you posted mentioned 'file
magic.' So this might be what I'd try first.

It looks like we're past all the pcre issues and onto msys issues! I
think that's an improvement...

craig