Re: [exim] require in acl EXCEPT for a particular recipient

Author: Marcin Krol
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] require in acl EXCEPT for a particular recipient
Hello Graeme,

> Your made-up domain isn't routeable; this will be caused by whichever
> router (dnslookup?) processes domains external to your system.

Ahem, you're right. It seems my ACL worked, it was this router that was causing deny on non-existent domain:

lookuphost:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
condition = "${perl{check_limits}}"
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

Suppose I wanted to make this router accept the message even for non-existent domain and pass it to local delivery router for some addresses?

I tried the following condition, but it doesn't work since $recipients is available only in ACLs and system filter:

condition = ${lookup{$recipients} lsearch{/etc/domeny/spamtrap_addresses}}"

This obviously ends up with:

LOG: MAIN PANIC
failed to expand condition "${lookup{$recipients} lsearch{/etc/domeny/spamtrap_addresses}}"" for lookuphost router: unknown variable name "recipients"

Would it be possible to do it using ACL user variables? That is, if recipient address in some specific ACL is checked as existing in the /etc/domeny/spamtrap_addresses file, $acl_m_somevariable gets set and then a router preceding "lookuphost" could be configured that passes the message on to local delivery depending on $acl_m_somevariable?

Or is there some simpler way to do it?

--
Marcin Krol