Re: [exim] Help with Exim4 as backup mail server

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help with Exim4 as backup mail server
On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:42:27 -0700 (PDT), Scomage <support@???>
wrote:
>We want to make the Linux box be a backup domain and
>forward everything to our main Windows mail server.

What is a backup domain?

If you mean backup MX, and the Debian box is on the Internet, has both
full access to DNS and can connect to your primary MX via SMTP, all
you need to do is to add your domains to the dc_relay_domains list in
/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf.

This will leave you to the "niceties" of spam filtering and recipient
verification on the backup box, which you should know about from your
Windows experience.

Greetings
Marc