Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC2 (pcrecpp/Craig)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Craig Silverstein
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC2 (pcrecpp/Craig)
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Craig Silverstein wrote:

> Philip, I know you try to stay away from c++ code, but NewlineMode is
> a very C-like function. If you know the proper way to fix this, do
> you mind making a go of it? I've tried to stay as ignorant as I can
> of all the newline issues, since they seem really hairy. :-)

They *are* utterly hairy. It's all a hack, and various different
compromises have had to be made.

<grumble>
It's one of these stupid things like the world using different voltages
and different plugs and different cell phone wavelengths and different
railway gauges and, and, and ... that just cause *hassle*.
</grumble>

I have modified the pcrecpp.cc code to test for ANY and ANYCRLF as well
when it tests for CRLF. I probably didn't wreck it. :-)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.