Re: [exim] $spam_score_int set during sender verification?

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] $spam_score_int set during sender verification?
Martijn Grendelman wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> There's a better way to do it without collateral spam described in a
>> guide somewhere, but what you have is working for you so .. yeah.
>
> Well, I could just blackhole the message, of course.

I was thinking more along the lines of only accepting the email for the
recipients with the same spam profile - whatever the first recipients'
one was.

>> Anyway, what's happening ..
>>
> [...]
>> Assuming I'm correct (ha!), if an email comes in and is spam scanned and
>> then on the same connection another email comes in, the following email
>> will inherit the previous emails spam scores. If you always use the same
>> user for spam scanning, it will not even attempt to scan the next or
>> subsequent messages.
>>
>> Bug? Or feature! :) If one connection is sending that much spam, you
>> can be pretty sure that it's all spam.
>
> Interesting ;-) I would expect every message to be scanned separately.
> Is this behaviour actually by design?

I'd have to design omission, but one that would rarely occur. Normally,
no one would access the the variable until after the spam scanning had
been run again.
I think I have found a way to fix it in the code, by clearing the
uschar* variable in the message receipt setup and RSET procedures.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html