Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC2

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC2
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Sheri wrote:

> I changed the file dates on those files with times after 12 pm. After
> that, it built fine using original configure line (with --disable-cpp)
> and make.

Ah - our messages crossed; I've just suggested you wait for the clock to
tick. Anyway, that does confirm what is causing the problem.

> The bad news is that to change the file dates I used a ported version of
> touch. I moved the files I wanted to alter into a new subdirectory under
> pcre-7.4-RC2. Touch changed their file dates, but also managed to create
> a new "file" called "?."
>
> That file cannot be accessed by the operating system. I can't move,
> remove or rename it. I also can't remove the subdirectory housing it. :(

In a Unix world, a command such as   rm \?\.  should work. The other
trick is to use    rm -i *    This tries to remove all files because of
the *, but -i makes it prompt for each one, so you can say yes only to
the odd file. It always feels very dangerous doing something like that!
But if it's the only file in the directory, it's less worrying, of
course.

> I moved back the RC2 files to the parent (source) dir. But it looks like
> pcre-7.4/pcre-7.4-RC2/latedates will be a permanent fixture unless I
> find a way of removing it.

Clearly I should wait 24 hours between building a release and
announcing it. :-)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.