Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release (doesn't build)

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Bob Rossi
To: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release (doesn't build)
On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 03:51:01PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> > I'm not positive, but I think it might be good to do
> >
> > #if defined (_WIN32) && defined (_MSC_VER)
> >
> > which will allow that code to execute on windows with the windows
> > compiler.
> >
> > It would be really helpful if we knew how other windows compiler handled
> > this code. For instance, if borland required this code as well, then
> > perhaps we could use the __GCC__ to exclude the code from being defined.
>
> It feels just a bit safer to include the code for those environments
> when we know we do need it, rather than exclude it for those
> environments that we know do not need it, because the code is for
> handling oddities in the support for what are supposedly standard
> functions. That is, it feels (to me) safer to assume the standard
> functions are there in unknown environments.
>
> I'll make your suggested change above on Monday (unless there are
> further postings that change my mind. :-)

OK, note, because I lost my mingw/gcc environment for the time being, I
didn't test the code I posted. I hope Sheri can do this for us. I should
have my environment back within a week or two. We'll see.

Bob Rossi