Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release (doesn't build)

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Bob Rossi
CC: pcre-dev
Oggetto: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release (doesn't build)
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:

> I'm not positive, but I think it might be good to do
>
> #if defined (_WIN32) && defined (_MSC_VER)
>
> which will allow that code to execute on windows with the windows
> compiler.
>
> It would be really helpful if we knew how other windows compiler handled
> this code. For instance, if borland required this code as well, then
> perhaps we could use the __GCC__ to exclude the code from being defined.

It feels just a bit safer to include the code for those environments
when we know we do need it, rather than exclude it for those
environments that we know do not need it, because the code is for
handling oddities in the support for what are supposedly standard
functions. That is, it feels (to me) safer to assume the standard
functions are there in unknown environments.

I'll make your suggested change above on Monday (unless there are
further postings that change my mind. :-)

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.