Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release (doesn't build)

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release (doesn't build)
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Sheri wrote:

> I built with various configure lines into a variety of subdirectories
> (all in the same session of Msys) and now (for unknown reasons) the
> above configuration no longer fails to build.

And, needless to say, it works for me.

> However, in another dir (where I didn't disable cpp) when it tried to
> compile pcrecpp.cc there were errors. Because of the errors and I
> guess the order of building, make failed to create pcretest.exe,
> pcredemo.exe and pcregrep.exe (in addition to the cpp components).

> error: `::strtoll' has not been declared

Ha!

As a consequence of feedback on 7.3 from Windows users, the following
lines were added to pcrecpp.cc:

#ifdef _WIN32
#define HAVE_STRTOQ 1
#define strtoll     _strtoui64
#define strtoull    _strtoi64
#endif

and the following lines were added to pcrecpp_unittest.cc and
pcre_scanner_unittest.cc:

#ifdef _WIN32
#define snprintf _snprintf
#endif

I strongly suspect this is what is causing you trouble. Please try
removing those lines.

As a non-Windows user, I won't know what to do if that succeeds because
without those lines, it was broken for other Windows users. If that test
fails, I still don't know what to do! Help!

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.