[pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: pcre-dev
Assumptes nous: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release (doesn't build)
Assumpte: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC1 test release
I have made a Release Candidate for PCRE 7.4. You can get it from:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.4-RC1.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.4-RC1.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.4-RC1.zip

This contains changes recently discussed, plus some stuff that people
have sent me off-list. The most important of the latter is some
refactoring that reduces the number of relocations needed when linking
with a shared PCRE library from 209 to 22. However, the "price" of doing
this is some very long text strings. I have tested with gcc and Sun's cc
compilers, and they are happy (gcc with -pedantic warns that the strings
are longer than the minimum maximum specified by the C89 standard). It
would be good if this RC could be tested on some other compilers, just
to be sure this is not going to be an issue.

Sheri: Please test the new facility for making \R match only CR, LF, or
CRLF instead of all Unicode line ending sequences. This turned out to be
a day and a half's work, by the time I'd tracked down all (I hope) the
relevant documentation places to change as well as the code, so I hope
it Does What You Need. :-)

I would like to release 7.4 at the end of next week - and definitely
before the end of September, so I'd be grateful if people could run a
few tests as soon as convenient.

Thanks,
Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.