[exim] Virtual Aliases

Author: aeternaleto
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Virtual Aliases

I recently just moved my debian Exim4 configuration over to a Ubuntu machine.
Unfortunately now my alias file does not work.

The steps that I used to to make my virtual domains were the following:

Created the directory /etc/mail/virtual and created each domain
accordingly.

/etc/exim4/conf.d/main/01_exim4-config_listmacrosdefs:

    domainlist local_domains = @:localhost:dsearch;/etc/mail/virtual

Created the file /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/350_exim4-config_vdom_aliases :

    vdom_aliases:
        driver = redirect
        allow_defer
        allow_fail
        domains = dsearch;/etc/mail/virtual
        data =
${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/mail/virtual/$domain}}}
        retry_use_local_part
        pipe_transport   = address_pipe
        file_transport   = address_file
        no_more

In some of my domain files however I have certain aliases that call upon my
/etc/aliases file.

For example:

support:                tech_support_alias

and in my /etc/aliases file I have tech_support_alias listed as

tech_support_alias support@??? myphone@??? etc.

For some reason this setup worked fine on the Debian machine and now is not
working. Is there advice anyone can recommend on how I can fix this
problem? I currently did a workaround to where I just copied the correct
email addresses in the virtual domain file but I would like to figure out
how this broke in the first place.

Also if it helps some errors in my exim main.log were:

2007-09-12 09:18:32 remote host address is the local host: love.*******.com
(while verifying <tech_support_alias@love.******.com> from host