Re: [exim] Multiline "OK" responces of remote servers

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Cronfy
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiline "OK" responces of remote servers
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Cronfy wrote:

> Probably it is not a good idea to use Message-ID as an internal message identificator
> as this MDaemon server does, but it is also not very good to truncate server's reply
> as in this case with exim. Are there any reasons for that?

Yes. There has to be some limit, otherwise there is a risk of something
getting overwritten if the client just keeps on sending. The limit for
the contents of the C= log item is currently 100 characters. When I
wrote the code, I never thought anybody would use a message identifier
longer than that. The number is arbitrary. It could be increased to,
say, 256 easily enough. If you want to do it yourself, the 100 is in
line 958 of the deliver.c source file.