[exim] Mail being queued: User 0 set for remote_smtp transpo…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: ikearns
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Mail being queued: User 0 set for remote_smtp transport is on the never_users list

Hi all

I have recently built a server running RHEL-5 / Exim 4.63 / ClamAV to relay
mail for our users with the sole purpose of scanning for virii. All appeared
to work well during closed tests to a test domain, mail flew through without
issue but since we have put it live we find that message are frozen and
queued with delivery not being possible.

This isn't happening for all mail but the queue appears to be growing.

The error message that we are seeing is:-
"2007-09-09 04:02:08 1IUD3m-0003aR-J8 == root@???
R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (-29): User 0 set for local_delivery
transport is on the never_users list"

Please note I have changed the server hostname (avscan.mydomain.com)to
protect the identity of the server

I have read a number of posts on this but cannot see why mail is being
delayed.

When running the command "exim -bP exim_user exim_group" I get:
exim_user = exim
exim_group = exim

The exim user / group in the passwd file has a UID and GID of 93:93 where I
have read in the past that the other individuals experiencing problems had
the GID UID of 0:0 - I dont know if this would make a difference?

Can anyone shine a light on this particular problem and how to resolve it?
This server is nothing more than a transparent AV scan server and I dont
want any mail to be queued on this box at all

All help appreciated.

regards

Ian