Re: [pcre-dev] Thoughts about build systems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nuno Lopes
A: pcre-dev
Asunto: Re: [pcre-dev] Thoughts about build systems
I'm a bit out of this discussion because it started while I was on
vacations, but..

I need to say 2 things about the experience I have in bundling PCRE in PHP:
- having #include <> is not a problem.. adding -Ipcrelib to the
cflags is not difficult
- having to add -DHAVE_CONFIG_H to cflags is a problem. you have to
define it anyway or else you can't compile pcre (or else you have to
define tons of options in the cflags). The major problem in PHP is
that some extensions also use this HAVE_CONFIG_H thing and they are
breaking because it was supposed to be defined only when building
those extensions outside of the core. While our unix build system
handles this problem by having per-extension cflags, our windows build
system only have a global CFLAGS variable.

Regards,
Nuno