Re: [exim] SSL Certificate for secure POP/SMTP

Autor: Michael Sprague
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SSL Certificate for secure POP/SMTP
On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:14:34AM -0700, Don O'Neil wrote:
> We use Comodo on our main server, but I don't see any way to specify 'Exim'
> as the certificate type (you can choose apache, etc...). I don't have a
> problem paying, I just need to know specifically what I need to buy.

Apache should be fine. If you already have a 'real' cert you can use
that in Exim. But people will have to the name associated with that to
not get any annoying popups. For example, if the cert for you website
is for www.example.com, users will have to put www.example.com as the
incoming/outgoing server in their Thunderbird or whatever client.

thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael F. Sprague     | mfs@???