Re: [exim] Exim not authenticating with auth-requiring serve…

Author: Darton Williams
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim not authenticating with auth-requiring server
On 9/4/07, Rodrigo Madera <rodrigo.madera@???> wrote:
> Hello exim community,

Hello,

> I'm frustrated trying to make exim work for at least four lengthy hours and
> still no glory...

> So to wrap it up:
>
> 1) Does anyone know what's going on??? Why exim won't authenticate to my
> lovely ISP SMTP server?

See section 30.3 of the Exim spec, "Private options for smtp". This
explains how to use outbound authentication in an smtp transport.

> 2) Is there any way a human can tell exim to please log the SMTP
> conversation somewhere so I can take a peek at it?

Kill all running exim processes and start exim directly with debugging
output, e.g. /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -bd -q30m -d

> Thanks for anyone that helps me keep my sanity (and hair) by shining light
> to this problem.

Exim will do whatever you want it to, given enough creativity. :)