Re: [exim] Exempt domain from RBL filters on incoming mail?

Author: Darton Williams
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exempt domain from RBL filters on incoming mail?
On 9/4/07, InnSites@??? <InnSites@???> wrote:
> I wish to exempt a domain from all RBL blacklist filtering on incoming mail.
> I have tried all the rblybypass tricks that presumably used to work and no
> longer do. I have also googled extensively and reviewed the forums at
> cpanel.net - where I learned several others are also looking for this same solution.
>
> Can you point me in right direction to implement this?

Are you trying to exempt a domain for which your exim accepts mail? I
would use something like the following to exclude domains from
checking RBLs (exim 4.67/4.68):

domainlist skip_rbl_domains = example1.org : example2.org

and in your smtp rcpt acl:

    deny
        message         = Rejected because $sender_host_address is in a blacklist
at $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text
        dnslists        = zen.spamhaus.org:bl.spamcop.net
                domains               = ! +skip_rbl_domains

I haven't tested this, but it should work. Specifically, see sections
10 and 40.6 of the Exim spec.

> Kate

Regards,

Darton