[pcre-dev] Daniel, more info re our callout crashes

Autor: Sheri
A: pcre-dev
Assumpte: [pcre-dev] Daniel, more info re our callout crashes
I tried making the 7.3 pcre libraries in VC Express 2005 using CMake
configuration.

When testing the resulting dlls with a callout test in our app (for
which I can't seem to get the source at this time; it worked with both
pcre 7.0 and pcre 7.1 in WinXP, but reported crashed in Win2K using pcre
7.1), I got this message from Visual Studio:

Debug Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\PowerProNEWTEMP\powerpro.exe
Module: C:\Program Files\PowerProNEWTEMP\plugins\pcre.dll
File:

Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved
across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function
declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared
with a different calling convention.

(Although it lists powerpro.exe as app, pcre is actually called from
regex.dll, a plugin for powerpro, which is built in VC++ 6).

Some research indicates the message is related to stack usage; we build
without stack recursion (but app crashes on callouts either way)

Regards,
Sheri