Re: [exim] helo_data syntax

Author: Jason Cornell
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] helo_data syntax
Hi,

I have on my global zone (server1) sendmail sym linked to exim.

On my non-global zone (server2) when I send an email it says the email is
from user@server1 and not user@server2.

What I am after is all the non-global zones to use their local hostnames
rather than the global zones hostname.

My understanding was using the helo_data option in the remote_smtp
transport would help pickup the local hostname sending the email rather
than the global zone hostname.

Hopefully I have explained it better.

Jason.

"Peter Bowyer" <peter@???>
Sent by: peeebeee@???
03/09/2007 13:42

"exim users" <exim-users@???>
cc

Subject
Re: [exim] helo_data syntax

On 03/09/07, Jason Cornell <jcornell@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have exim running on a solaris global zone.
>
> Is it possible to have the non-global zones use the exim setup (using
> inherited filesystem /usr for example) changing the local hostname to

the
> relevant non-global zone rather than the global zone?

Genercially, you can do all kinds of tricks using includes, macros and
string expansions to set things up how you need them. If you can feed
the required name to exim's command line, for example, you can set a
macro with -D. Or read from a file.. or....

> Looking at the docs it states using helo_data in the transport but I am
> not 100% on the correct syntax ?

Couldn't work out what the question is here.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???