Re: [pcre-dev] Kudos on PCRE 7.2...

Autor: Sheri
A: pcre-dev
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] Kudos on PCRE 7.2...
Bob Rossi wrote:

> With that said, I think we should switch the discussion of ideology, and
> figure out exactly what problems you face, and if the CMake system is
> good enough for you. If it is not, we should come up with another
> solution.

I think its unfortunate that PCRE has been through three interim updates
with the autotools build process in place while the CMake process has
not yet been completed. I recently tried to use it and posted some
feedback. Unfortunately fixing it wasn't on the radar for 7.3, and
Daniel has been in the process of moving and has not yet had a chance to
troubleshoot.

Here were Daniel's step-by-step instructions for trying the CMake
process such as it is, I'm sure more input and perspective would be welcome.

http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20070821.164940.359f4c30.en.html

Here was my experience trying it with the Msys/mingw platform on Windows:

http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20070822.154738.e9d88fd3.en.html
http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20070822.160839.fe3f1ddb.en.html

Regards,
Sheri